Re: A very sad week

  • lois_051958
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 2, 2002
      Maureen & Boris,
      Thank your for this post. What you said is so true. I feel that
      every loss
      this week was a loss of mine. I have been so sad this week, yet
      grateful for
      the sharing that everyone does here. We need to hear the good and
      the bad.
      It is helping me understand and preparing me for what is down the
      road.
      My deepest sympathies go out to all of you that have lossed your
      loved ones.
      Lois

      --- In feline-heart@y..., "pussiqatt" <pussicat@b...> wrote:
      > I want to send my deepest sadness and sympathy for the loss of
      Smoky,
      > Freckles, and Wolfy. I know all of us have read the many posts
      about
      > these sweet little cats all along, and we all prayed for their
      > recovery. I think we feel the loss of each cat deeply, because
      we're
      > in this together. Every cat is precious, and every loss is so
      > painful. Even those of us who don't often write messages become
      > attached to each cat as if we know them personally. I have been
      > weeping all week for each of you, and praying as well.
      >
      > For me, I've never had to make that terrible decision to put a
      > precious cat to sleep, my cats have always died at home. I'm
      > terrified that this time it will be different. I think it's good
      > read each of your experiences because it helps me prepare for that
      > difficult road ahead. Thank you for sharing your grief, thank you
      > for celebrating the life of your cat, letting us know them and love
      > them.
      >
      > We are with you in spirit-
      >
      > Maureen & Boris
    • Beth
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2002
        I would like to add my condolences as well. Losing Smoky, Freckles,
        and Wolfy in one week feels overwhelming and I've been crying for the
        pain expressed by their human companions. I, too, feel like I know
        them from reading about them, and my heart aches for Lisa, Lynnie,
        and Carrie. I'm praying that you each find peace and comfort and
        know that your kitties are still with you in spirit. You will be
        reunited. Many kitty kisses and hugs from me -

        Beth & the purr-faces
        Trace, Lily, Iris, Miles, Rusty, Chloe, Viper, Delilah, Anaka,
        Rachael, Dragon, and Elvis

        --- In feline-heart@y..., "pussiqatt" <pussicat@b...> wrote:
        > I want to send my deepest sadness and sympathy for the loss of
        Smoky,
        > Freckles, and Wolfy. I know all of us have read the many posts
        about
        > these sweet little cats all along, and we all prayed for their
        > recovery. I think we feel the loss of each cat deeply, because
        we're
        > in this together. Every cat is precious, and every loss is so
        > painful. Even those of us who don't often write messages become
        > attached to each cat as if we know them personally. I have been
        > weeping all week for each of you, and praying as well.
        >
        > For me, I've never had to make that terrible decision to put a
        > precious cat to sleep, my cats have always died at home. I'm
        > terrified that this time it will be different. I think it's good
        > read each of your experiences because it helps me prepare for that
        > difficult road ahead. Thank you for sharing your grief, thank you
        > for celebrating the life of your cat, letting us know them and love
        > them.
        >
        > We are with you in spirit-
        >
        > Maureen & Boris
      • zellenecats
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 4, 2002
          This has indeed been a hard week. All of us feel every loss, I'm
          sure. I hug Widgie a little harder each time I hear of one of our
          list kitties crossing the bridge. My heart goes out to all in their
          grief.

          Know that Wolfy and Freckles and Smoky will all be remembered in my
          memorial rose garden. I am putting the garden to bed for the winter
          now, but in the spring it will be filled with flowers and the sweet
          scent that only roses have. There is a large patch of catnip growing
          there, too. Yesterday my neighbor's cat came and lay down right next
          to the catnip and looked so peaceful. The white rose that I
          originally planted for my Katchina still has a rose...the last of the
          year.