Re: Wolfy, my Angel

  • peteycat9
    Message 1 of 33 , Nov 2, 2002
      > Everyone had told me that putting a cat to sleep is easy and quick
      and
      > peaceful, but I really didn't feel like that. My poor baby went
      into a
      > seizure and I began to cry uncontrollably.

      Dear Carrie,
      I am so sorry this has happened to you and Wolfy. I have been
      following his story, hoping right along with you that he would pull
      through. His story just made me cry because I have been through much
      the same thing. I lost my Checkers cat last June the 30th. He was
      only 18 months old. He became ill quite suddenly and we didn't know
      what was wrong with him. He wasn't diagnosed until after death. He
      collapsed one night, panting franticly. It woke me up in the wee
      hours before dawn. I don't know how long he had been like this but
      I'm sure he suffered terribly until we could get him to the hospital,
      into an oxygen tank. Even then, there were no abnormal heart
      rhythms. It was discovered he had gone blind and he was displaying
      neurological symptoms. Seizures were a part of that. When we made
      the decision to put him to sleep, he too had a seizure during the
      process. He never reconized us. His brain was hopelessly damaged,
      either by lack of oxygen or blood clots. I can't even tell you what
      this did to us. The vet never warned us about the possibility of
      seizures during the euthanasia process. I felt just like you. How
      could something that was supposed to be peaceful be so traumatic?
      Seizures are a horrible thing to watch. I never saw one before that
      moment. I still cry when I think about it.
      I believe that Wolfy and Checkers are now in a better place.
      Maybe they even have new "tickers" and now can play to
      their "heart's" content! I know you can only see his dying, over and
      over again. But you did everything you could for him and he knew
      it. You were a great cat mom and Wolfy was lucky to have you.
      Please feel free to e-mail me any time. I know how hard it can be to
      cope in the beginning. Everyone here knows what it is to live with
      this terrible disease. Unfortunately, many of us lose or precious
      babies to this eventually, despite the BEST of care. Please know you
      are really in my thoughts today. Take care.
      Love,
      Peteycat 9
    • Cyber-Paws Designs
      Message 33 of 33 , Nov 6, 2002
        Jonathan,

        Thank you so much for the post. I am sure that Tabby and Lynx welcomed my
        little Wolfy and I'm sure they are having a blast at the Bridge. Wolfy has
        been unable to play since he was 7 months old, so I am quite sure that he is
        having lots of fun being able to jump and stalk and do all the things a
        kitten should do.

        I miss Wolfy incredibly. I am amazed at how quiet the house seems, even tho
        he was such a quiet little guy. There are two dogs and 5 other cats in the
        house, yet there is still an emptiness. I still cry every day, but I'm
        starting to feel a little bitter. I've made a huge photo collage of him to
        hang by my bed. I am so thankful that I took so many pictures of him!

        One word of advice I can give to everyone, take lots and lots of photos, and
        do save some fur. I believe it helps.

        Thank you again, all of you, for being here for me.

        Carrie