A very sad week

  • pussiqatt
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 2, 2002
      I want to send my deepest sadness and sympathy for the loss of Smoky,
      Freckles, and Wolfy. I know all of us have read the many posts about
      these sweet little cats all along, and we all prayed for their
      recovery. I think we feel the loss of each cat deeply, because we're
      in this together. Every cat is precious, and every loss is so
      painful. Even those of us who don't often write messages become
      attached to each cat as if we know them personally. I have been
      weeping all week for each of you, and praying as well.

      For me, I've never had to make that terrible decision to put a
      precious cat to sleep, my cats have always died at home. I'm
      terrified that this time it will be different. I think it's good to
      read each of your experiences because it helps me prepare for that
      difficult road ahead. Thank you for sharing your grief, thank you
      for celebrating the life of your cat, letting us know them and love
      them.

      We are with you in spirit-

      Maureen & Boris
    • lois_051958
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2002
        Maureen & Boris,
        Thank your for this post. What you said is so true. I feel that
        every loss
        this week was a loss of mine. I have been so sad this week, yet
        grateful for
        the sharing that everyone does here. We need to hear the good and
        the bad.
        It is helping me understand and preparing me for what is down the
        road.
        My deepest sympathies go out to all of you that have lossed your
        loved ones.
        Lois

        --- In feline-heart@y..., "pussiqatt" <pussicat@b...> wrote:
        > I want to send my deepest sadness and sympathy for the loss of
        Smoky,
        > Freckles, and Wolfy. I know all of us have read the many posts
        about
        > these sweet little cats all along, and we all prayed for their
        > recovery. I think we feel the loss of each cat deeply, because
        we're
        > in this together. Every cat is precious, and every loss is so
        > painful. Even those of us who don't often write messages become
        > attached to each cat as if we know them personally. I have been
        > weeping all week for each of you, and praying as well.
        >
        > For me, I've never had to make that terrible decision to put a
        > precious cat to sleep, my cats have always died at home. I'm
        > terrified that this time it will be different. I think it's good
        > read each of your experiences because it helps me prepare for that
        > difficult road ahead. Thank you for sharing your grief, thank you
        > for celebrating the life of your cat, letting us know them and love
        > them.
        >
        > We are with you in spirit-
        >
        > Maureen & Boris
      • Beth
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 2, 2002
          I would like to add my condolences as well. Losing Smoky, Freckles,
          and Wolfy in one week feels overwhelming and I've been crying for the
          pain expressed by their human companions. I, too, feel like I know
          them from reading about them, and my heart aches for Lisa, Lynnie,
          and Carrie. I'm praying that you each find peace and comfort and
          know that your kitties are still with you in spirit. You will be
          reunited. Many kitty kisses and hugs from me -

          Beth & the purr-faces
          Trace, Lily, Iris, Miles, Rusty, Chloe, Viper, Delilah, Anaka,
          Rachael, Dragon, and Elvis

          --- In feline-heart@y..., "pussiqatt" <pussicat@b...> wrote:
          > I want to send my deepest sadness and sympathy for the loss of
          Smoky,
          > Freckles, and Wolfy. I know all of us have read the many posts
          about
          > these sweet little cats all along, and we all prayed for their
          > recovery. I think we feel the loss of each cat deeply, because
          we're
          > in this together. Every cat is precious, and every loss is so
          > painful. Even those of us who don't often write messages become
          > attached to each cat as if we know them personally. I have been
          > weeping all week for each of you, and praying as well.
          >
          > For me, I've never had to make that terrible decision to put a
          > precious cat to sleep, my cats have always died at home. I'm
          > terrified that this time it will be different. I think it's good
          > read each of your experiences because it helps me prepare for that
          > difficult road ahead. Thank you for sharing your grief, thank you
          > for celebrating the life of your cat, letting us know them and love
          > them.
          >
          > We are with you in spirit-
          >
          > Maureen & Boris
        • zellenecats
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 4, 2002
            This has indeed been a hard week. All of us feel every loss, I'm
            sure. I hug Widgie a little harder each time I hear of one of our
            list kitties crossing the bridge. My heart goes out to all in their
            grief.

            Know that Wolfy and Freckles and Smoky will all be remembered in my
            memorial rose garden. I am putting the garden to bed for the winter
            now, but in the spring it will be filled with flowers and the sweet
            scent that only roses have. There is a large patch of catnip growing
            there, too. Yesterday my neighbor's cat came and lay down right next
            to the catnip and looked so peaceful. The white rose that I
            originally planted for my Katchina still has a rose...the last of the
            year.