Re: Wolfy, my Angel

  • marjafreja
    Message 1 of 33 , Nov 2, 2002
      Carrie,
      The sky has been blessed with a new bright start. Wolfy will be
      watching you from above. He'll always be with you wherever you
      go, whatever you do. You'll meet one day on the Bridge...
      You made the right choice for him, now he is resting without pain
      or sorrow.
      Take care of yourself and keep all the magic moments you had
      with Wolfy close to your heart.
      Lots of hugs, Marja
      --- In feline-heart@y..., "Cyber-Paws Designs" <webdesign@c...>
      wrote:
> [...]
      > this, as I wanted so much for him to go on his own, but he is
      such a
      > fighter, and I think he was struggling, just as I was.
      >
      > I sat alone with him and whispered to him, and for the first
      time, I picked
      > him up and held him against my chest. I have never been able
      to hold Wolfy,
      > as the pressure of being picked up is not good for him, but I
      very gently
      > lifted him and I layed on the floor and layed him on my chest,
      and stroked
      > and kissed him. I was shocked at how thin he had become,
      so quickly, his
      > little spine actually hurt my hands as I held him, and now I
      understand why
      > he was so uncomfortable. His little body must have hurt. Wolfy
      has always
      > been a small cat, but over the past 2 days his weight
      diminished amazingly
      > quickly. He was only about 4lbs, if that.
      >
      > My brother and my mom drove us to the vets, I spoke to Wolfy
      during the
      > drive, and by the time we got there, he was much worse. He
      did not even
      > seem to know that we were not home anymore. His breathing
      become worse and
      > his little legs started to kick, and he let out a small cry that
      broke my
      > heart.
      >
      > Everyone had told me that putting a cat to sleep is easy and
      quick and
      > peaceful, but I really didn't feel like that. My poor baby went into
      > seizure and I began to cry uncontrollably. I turned away for a
      few moments
      > and my brother held him as Wolfy slipped away, and then I
      went to him and
      > petted him and told him how much I love him. I hate to sound
      grim, but this
      > was the worst thing I have ever experienced in my entire life
      and I am
      > having a very hard time accepting it. I keep trying to tell myself
      that I
      > did the right thing, that it was his time, he was too weak and
      frail to
      > recover. But a part of me also feels terrible, like I let him down.
      >
      > I would do anything to bring him back, to kiss him one more
      time, to see
      > those little eyes looking at me. I miss him so much already, I
      can barely
      > think straight or sleep. Wolfy was a huge part of my life. I have
      other
      > pets that I love and they are terrific, but there is an emptiness
      here now.
      > Wolfy was really the only thing in my life that I ever did right. I
      fell in
      > love with him the moment I saw him and that love just grew
      every day. I
      > feel lost without him.
      >
      > I am so sorry to go on and on. I am just so upset over this and
      I dont know
      > how to deal with it. Thank you all so much for your care and
      support, it is
      > nice to know that people care and understand.
      >
      > I love my little Wolfy so much, and I hope that he can forgive me
      and that
      > he knows how very much I love him, with all of my heartbeats.
      Sleep with
      > the angels, little one, I hope you are free now and able to play
      and sleep
      > and breathe peacefully.
      >
      > Please hug all of your furbabies, and keep Wolfy in your
      thoughts.

      > Carrie
    • Cyber-Paws Designs
      Message 33 of 33 , Nov 6, 2002
        Jonathan,

        Thank you so much for the post. I am sure that Tabby and Lynx welcomed my
        little Wolfy and I'm sure they are having a blast at the Bridge. Wolfy has
        been unable to play since he was 7 months old, so I am quite sure that he is
        having lots of fun being able to jump and stalk and do all the things a
        kitten should do.

        I miss Wolfy incredibly. I am amazed at how quiet the house seems, even tho
        he was such a quiet little guy. There are two dogs and 5 other cats in the
        house, yet there is still an emptiness. I still cry every day, but I'm
        starting to feel a little bitter. I've made a huge photo collage of him to
        hang by my bed. I am so thankful that I took so many pictures of him!

        One word of advice I can give to everyone, take lots and lots of photos, and
        do save some fur. I believe it helps.

        Thank you again, all of you, for being here for me.

        Carrie