Re: [FH] Wolfy, my Angel

  • Lisa/kat
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2002
      Oh Carrie, I am in tears reading your post. You have my deepest, most
      heartfelt sympathy. He loved you unconditionally, and knew that you loved
      him the same way. You did everything you could for him, I know it is
      difficult to see that right now (as I am still struggling over that one with
      Smoky), and he knows that and loves you more for it. Please don't beat
      yourself up over this; there is NOTHING to forgive, you did all you could
      for him and more, and you made the right decision for his sake. He gave you
      the gift of allowing you to hold him, and you gave him the gift of release
      from his pain. You are right that it is very difficult to accept, even
      though we are making the best possible decision for them; it is part of
      being a responsible, loving pet owner, and it is the most selfless gesture
      of love we can offer them. We, unfortunately, must decide for them when the
      time is right; and knowing when that time is is not always obvious.

      I'm writing through my tears (and around a cat) right now, I keep thinking
      there is more I can tell you to help ease your pain but I just cannot find
      the right words right now. Wolfy loved you so much, the two of you had a
      special bond of love; and love transcends death. In your love and your
      memories, he will live on. He is no longer suffering, he is happy and
      healthy once again, and is able to run and play without pain or suffering;
      he will be there at the Bridge to greet you when you arrive. I will include
      Wolfy, as well as Lynnie's Freckles, on Sunday when we have Smoky's memorial
      service at his grave. I have found quite a few poems and prayers which I
      plan to read; at the memorial, I will pick out and read one just for Wolfy,
      and I plan to do the same for Freckles; and I will let you know which one I
      used. I know it is very hard to see past the pain right now, but in a day
      or two, you may want to re-read this and the other messages you'll receive,
      and at that point you may be able to see past the pain and begin to come to
      terms with his death. The pain will be with you for a long time, but over
      the course of time the love you two shared will overtake it and you will
      find peace within yourself. Try and get some rest tonight, and know that if
      you ever need or want to talk I am here for you. You have my deepest
      sympathy Carrie.

      Hugz,
      Lisa/kat

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2002
        Carrie,

        I know that helping Wolfy cross had to be the most difficult thing you have ever done. As I sit here crying for you and Wolfy, I hope that time will help you accept your loss. My thoughts are with you.

        Anne V
        Warner Robins, GA