Re: [FH] Precious diagnosed with Diabetes

  • Susan
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2002
      Christy,
      I had a diabetic cat. Sylvester actually posed for his insulin. Being IV I think it must have been instantaneous and he associated his shot with feeling better. I also do not think they have much feeling in the back oftheir necks. So it was a lot easier than I anticpipated.
      Susan
      Christy <christyandpresh@...> wrote:My 9 yr. old kitty, Precious, who also has mild HCM, was diagnosed
      with diabetes today. I'm so sad and overwhelmed. We have already
      gone through so much with her this year. I just hope we can manage
      her disease. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. I am in
      the same sort of shock that I was in when she was diagnosed with HCM,
      but this time it feels so much worse. I'm just starting to feel like
      there's not much hope for her and I really feel down and "whipped" by
      all her medical problems. We are just now coming to terms with her
      HCM. Now everything seems much worse and more complicated. If any
      of you have diabetic cats, any suggestions or encouragement would be
      greatly appreciated right now. I know I will "bounce back" and we
      will do what we need to do, but I just feel so overwhelmed and so
      unprepared to go through the whole process of getting her regulated
      on insulin, etc. I love my little baby more than anything, and I
      know I will become determined and prepared to fight, but I'm just
      down for now.....

      Please send us some hope....we need it right now.

      Christy & Presh

    • Christy
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 4, 2002
        Thanks for your kind thoughts and words....

        Christy & Presh