RE: [FH] Re: Please pray for Wolfy / Need help

  • Susan
    Message 1 of 33 , Nov 1, 2002
      Carrie,
      I have squirted Pedia-lyte in my cat's mouth when I was fingerfeeding AD. A vet said once they are dehydrated, that oral liquids doesn't get ahead of the dehydration though. Try pulling up on his skin and see if it snaps back. If not he needs fluids and I would take him in. I know some people do it at home so maybe they will teach you so you don't have to bring him in.
      Susan
      Cyber-Paws Designs <webdesign@...> wrote:Hi again,

      Jonathan - I have checked his gums and they are the normal pink color, his
      paw pads and nails look normal as well.

      I was able to syringe feed him some a/d and also some water to keep food
      into his tummy and to give him water. I also gave him a teaspoon of DYNE
      supplement. I certainly wont let him starve. I put a small, thin towel
      over him so that he could not scratch me, and after the second syringe, he
      stopped trying to scratch me, thankfully. I will try to syringe tiny bits
      into him every hour or so.

      This is just so hard. His vet is open all nite so I know that I can take
      him there immediately if he looks like he worsens. My brother is here and
      is a race car driver and instructor, so I know he will get me there safely
      and quickly if needed. .

      If the car and the vet did not stress him so much, I probably would not be
      debating so much. He is sleeping peacefully now after I gave him his dinner
      time meds, and the feeding.

      I think I will just take it minute by minute and if he looks worse at all, I
      will have to take him in.

      Thank you all so much for your care and help, it means the world to me.

      Hugs,
      Carrie and Wolfy

      Message 33 of 33 , Nov 6, 2002
        Jonathan,

        Thank you so much for the post. I am sure that Tabby and Lynx welcomed my
        little Wolfy and I'm sure they are having a blast at the Bridge. Wolfy has
        been unable to play since he was 7 months old, so I am quite sure that he is
        having lots of fun being able to jump and stalk and do all the things a
        kitten should do.

        I miss Wolfy incredibly. I am amazed at how quiet the house seems, even tho
        he was such a quiet little guy. There are two dogs and 5 other cats in the
        house, yet there is still an emptiness. I still cry every day, but I'm
        starting to feel a little bitter. I've made a huge photo collage of him to
        hang by my bed. I am so thankful that I took so many pictures of him!

        One word of advice I can give to everyone, take lots and lots of photos, and
        do save some fur. I believe it helps.

        Thank you again, all of you, for being here for me.

        Carrie