Re: Precious diagnosed with Diabetes

  • targa66
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2002
      hi Christy -

      Just wanted to send thoughts of encouragement along. My aunt has a
      diabetic kitty, who has responded very well to insulin. I understand
      he is as active & happy as he always was. He barely notices the
      injections - I think it's more troubling to us than to the cat. Hang
      in there! Hugs to Precious.

      -Shelly

      --- In feline-heart@y..., "Christy" <christyandpresh@y...> wrote:
      > My 9 yr. old kitty, Precious, who also has mild HCM, was diagnosed
      > with diabetes today. I'm so sad and overwhelmed. We have already
      > gone through so much with her this year. I just hope we can manage
      > her disease. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. I am in
      > the same sort of shock that I was in when she was diagnosed with
      HCM,
      > but this time it feels so much worse. I'm just starting to feel
      like
      > there's not much hope for her and I really feel down and "whipped"
      by
      > all her medical problems. We are just now coming to terms with her
      > HCM. Now everything seems much worse and more complicated. If any
      > of you have diabetic cats, any suggestions or encouragement would
      be
      > greatly appreciated right now. I know I will "bounce back" and we
      > will do what we need to do, but I just feel so overwhelmed and so
      > unprepared to go through the whole process of getting her regulated
      > on insulin, etc. I love my little baby more than anything, and I
      > know I will become determined and prepared to fight, but I'm just
      > down for now.....
      >
      > Please send us some hope....we need it right now.
      >
      > Christy & Presh
    • Susan
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2002
        Christy,
        I had a diabetic cat. Sylvester actually posed for his insulin. Being IV I think it must have been instantaneous and he associated his shot with feeling better. I also do not think they have much feeling in the back oftheir necks. So it was a lot easier than I anticpipated.
        Susan
        Christy <christyandpresh@...> wrote:My 9 yr. old kitty, Precious, who also has mild HCM, was diagnosed
[...]

      • Christy
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 4, 2002
          Thanks for your kind thoughts and words....

          Christy & Presh