Re: Update on Gizmo - 4th opinion

  • bcowell
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 29, 2002
      Lois,
      4 opinions are hard to dismiss. I understand your point though, if
      Atenolol could help you would want to give it as soon as possible.
      But they are the experts, and if they feel it would do no good right
      now they are most likely right. I think following it up with a
      repeat ultrasound is the best you can do for the moment. As well as
      the supplements and change of diet. You are doing your very best for
      Gizmo and deserve congratulation. He has a great friend and carer in
      you.
      Brigitte

      --- In feline-heart@y..., "lois_051958" <ljones432@e...> wrote:
      > Just got home from the vet. This was my 4th opinion. I was trying
      > to get Gizmo on Atenolol. All 3 vets and the cardiologist say,
      > Atenolol will not do anything to help at this time, or slow
      > progression of the disease. The only thing suggested was a repeat
      > Ultrasound in 6-8 weeks. I had blood drawn for the Bio nutritional
      > analysis. Tests will be done to check thyroid as well. I have
      > ordered a ton of supplements that were suggested by the holistic
      vet
      > I consulted with. I also ordered alot of raw meats/bones/organs to
      > start him on a raw diet.
      > At this point, I am going to back off on trying to put him on
      > Atenolol and will redo ultrasound in 6 weeks. I will try supps and
      > raw diet and watch him like a hawk. I have started a diary for
      him
      > and record his activity level, eating, heart rate, description of
      how
      > his heart sounds.
      > I have to give him a break. He's been through too much these past
      > two weeks with all the vet visits. I dont want to stress him more.
      > I only hope I am making the right choice by not insisting on
      Atenolol