Re: Heart murmurs and "seizures"

  • peteycat9
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 29, 2002
      --- In feline-heart@y..., "carefree55" <carefree55@y...> wrote:
      > Last night my 1.5 year old Siamese mix had what looked to me like a
      > mild seizure. He withdrew and became dispondent. This only lasted
      > 45 seconds to 1.5 minutes. The vet is going to run a full CBC and
      > blood panel, but thinks it is because of his worseinging heart
      murmur
      > (was 1-2 now is 3) Any ideas?
      >
      > Thank you in advance, I am new and very worried!

      Dear Carefree,
      Deffinately keep a watchful eye for any other symptoms of
      distress. Unfortunately, my 1 and a half year old cat Checkers was
      having seizures during heart failure, which he did not survive. It
      was believed that the seizures came from possible lack of oxygen to
      the brain or blood clots. If you see any rapid breathing or panting,
      get him emergency care. If the seizures come on more frequently, I
      would deffinately get him to a hospital. I'm glad your vet is doing
      a full blood panel too because the seizures may be totally unrelated
      to his heart condition. Good luck with all this. Having a young cat
      with this disease can be very scarey. Post back and let us know how
      his blood work comes up. Take care.
      Peteycat 9