Lynx's Weight (Long)

  • Jonathan Rosenberg
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2000
      Quick recap & stats for Lynx:

      1) Old (>=15 years) Siamese-tabby mix we adopted 6 months ago from a
      shelter.
      2) Hyperthyroidism & DCM. DCM improved some once hyper-t was regulated.
      3) Original weight: 7.4.
      4) 7/3/00: weight up to 8.4 (yay!).
      5) 9/25/00: weight down to 7.8, kidney values creeping up:
      BUN: 47 (ref range: 16 to 36)
      Creatinine: 2.5 (ref range <= 2.4)
      Phosphorous: 4.2 (ref range: 2.4-8.2)

      Today I took him to the vet because he appeared to have a head cold that
      wouldn't go away. He was very congested so she gave me some Orbax.

      What really worries me is that he has lost another 0.2 pounds in the last 2
      weeks. Now this could very well be due to his cold/sinus infection. I hope
      it is, but I'm worried that he will keep losing weight.

      I know he can't live forevere & his heart or kidneys will fail eventually.
      But I don't want to see him waste away.

      I'm trying him on some new, CRF-healthy foods & that might help his weight.
      And of course, once his sinus problems are cleared up, he could regain the
      weight.

      I want to get a scale so I can start weighing him at home. What kind of
      scale should I get?

      Any other thoughts?

      --
      JR