Lynx & Dry Food

  • Jonathan Rosenberg
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 7, 2000
      Ok, maybe this is just more cat weirdness, but I thought I'd ask ...

      Our recent adaptee Lynx (>= 15, DCM, slowly rising kidney #s) was never a
      fan of dry food. he would occasionally nibble from one of the bowls we keep
      out, but he much preferred canned food.

      Within the last few weeks, he seems to be eating significantly more dry
      food. Sometimes he'll nibble at a bowl of canned food & then waltz over to
      the dry food & start munching down.

      I'm well aware that cats have strange eating habits, but there's something
      in this change in Lynx's behavior that I should be aware of.

      Thoughts?

      --
      JR
      & Tabby (RB), Licorice, Tigger, Lynx
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 7, 2000
        Jonathan Rosenberg wrote:
        Within the last few weeks, he seems to be eating significantly more dry
        food. Sometimes he'll nibble at a bowl of canned food & then waltz over
        to the dry food & start munching down.

        Hi JR and Lynx,

        I wonder if the dry food has dehydrated him a bit? I know how careful
        you have to be about giving fluids with heart problems.

        You may want to incourage Lynx to eat more wet foody's, this will
        probably help alot.

        Also I think dry food smells more, and might be more appealing.

        I hope this helps,

        Cynthia, Taffy, Samuel
      • Jonathan Rosenberg
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 8, 2000

          I was wondering about this last point. Lynx seems to have a cold & has been
          pretty congested recently. I'm wondering whrther he's having trouble
          smelling? I'm gonna take him to vet tomorrow (if they're open) as the
          congestion seesm to be bothering him now.

          --
          JR
          & Tabby (RB), Licorice, Tigger, Lynx
        • Mike & Linda Irrgang (Now in Jamaica!)
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 14, 2000
            What food does he eat?