Re: [feline-heart] Does Lynx Have a Head Cold?

  • Laura Penny
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 6, 2000
      Jonathan,

      It certainly could be a head cold or allergies, but the congestion worries
      me because of his heart. Are you positive he doesn't have any fluid buildup?

      Laura

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 6, 2000

        I really don't think so. He's certainly acting fine, he's having no trouble
        breathing & his respiration rate seems normal (for him).

        Is there something else I should look for?

        I just called the vet & spoke to her. She listened & suggested doing
        nothing since (i) he is acting/eating/breathing fine, (ii) he was seen 1.5
        weeks ago & was fine (for him), (iii) he has herpes & this can contribute to
        these symptoms.

        I'll just keep a closer eye on him for now.

        --
        JR
        & Tabby (RB), Licorice, Tigger, Lynx
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 14, 2000
          Jonathan, How is Lynx doing. I just got back and am reading my emails. You
          are both inb my thoughts.

          Purrzles,
          Pum, Max and Linda

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 14, 2000

            Thanks for asking. I took Lynx to the vet 5 days ago & she gave me some
            Orbax, since he was SO stuffed up. It has helped, though he's improving
            slowly. He's still pretty stuffed up, though.

            His appetite is getting better, though still not as good as it was. I'm
            hoping this is just the cold.