Does Lynx Have a Head Cold?

  • Jonathan Rosenberg
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 6, 2000
      For a few weeks now I've noticed that Lynx (>=15, DCM, slowly rising kidney
      numbers) would sneeze now & again. But he was acting fine & his appetite
      was good, so I ignored it.

      Well, today he's still acting & eating fine, but he sure does sound
      congested. It's not bothering his breathing at all, but he really sounds
      like a person suffering from sinus drainage. E.g., sometimes he appears to
      be clearing his throat of mucous.

      He saw the vet 2 weeks ago & she didn't notice anything amiss. I hate to
      drag him there again, but should I?

      --
      JR
    • Laura Penny
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 6, 2000
        Jonathan,

        It certainly could be a head cold or allergies, but the congestion worries
        me because of his heart. Are you positive he doesn't have any fluid buildup?

        Laura

        >For a few weeks now I've noticed that Lynx (>=15, DCM, slowly rising kidney
        >numbers) would sneeze now & again. But he was acting fine & his appetite
        >was good, so I ignored it.
        >
        >Well, today he's still acting & eating fine, but he sure does sound
        >congested. It's not bothering his breathing at all, but he really sounds
        >like a person suffering from sinus drainage. E.g., sometimes he appears to
        >be clearing his throat of mucous.
        >
        >He saw the vet 2 weeks ago & she didn't notice anything amiss. I hate to
        >drag him there again, but should I?
        >
        >--
        >JR

      • Jonathan Rosenberg
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 6, 2000

          I really don't think so. He's certainly acting fine, he's having no trouble
          breathing & his respiration rate seems normal (for him).

          Is there something else I should look for?

          I just called the vet & spoke to her. She listened & suggested doing
          nothing since (i) he is acting/eating/breathing fine, (ii) he was seen 1.5
          weeks ago & was fine (for him), (iii) he has herpes & this can contribute to
          these symptoms.

          I'll just keep a closer eye on him for now.

          --
          JR
          & Tabby (RB), Licorice, Tigger, Lynx
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 14, 2000
            Jonathan, How is Lynx doing. I just got back and am reading my emails. You
            are both inb my thoughts.

            Purrzles,
            Pum, Max and Linda

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 14, 2000

              Thanks for asking. I took Lynx to the vet 5 days ago & she gave me some
              Orbax, since he was SO stuffed up. It has helped, though he's improving
              slowly. He's still pretty stuffed up, though.

              His appetite is getting better, though still not as good as it was. I'm
              hoping this is just the cold.