Re: [feline-heart] New to the list

  • Anyes Moscrip
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 16, 2000

      > P.S. I'd be interested in hearing from any one that has used Dandelion
      > extract as a diuretic. I mentioned it to the cardiologist today and he kinda
      > of poo-poo'd the idea. He says it works but it is still hard on the
      > kidneys. He said a diuretic is a diuretic ... natural or otherwise.

      Hi Lynne,
      I don't know if you have gotten any response yet. This group is a little quieter
      than the CRF group and many listers are on both lists.
      I already emailed you on CRF regarding treating both diseases, so I won't repeat
      here.

      As to the Dandelion, I used it and found it worked. We did not use Lasix on a
      regular basis, just on an emergency basis. Just remember that diuretics may not
      be great for the kidneys, but fluid build up is worse for all the organs,
      including the brain (lack of oxygen)... You have to see what you need as the
      disease progresses and make decisions. Don't let your kitty have repeated fluid
      taps and fluid build up. It is very hard on their little body, much harder than
      any diuretic is.

      Anyes, angel Lucie, Georgina and Angelica