Re: Fwd: [CRF] new studies in heart and vitamins/ noncrf

  • Melinda Bruno
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 11, 2000
      Carol reported:

      > > Homocysteine can be lowered in most people by
      > > supplementing folic acid,
      > > B12 and B6.

      I got another tip from my vet this weekend -- and considering what he
      charges, I take all the tips I can get. ;-)

      He recommended B-12 with folic acid for both kitties. He recommended
      the smallest human dosage per day. I checked out the Vitamin Shoppe,
      and the smallest human dosage of B-12 complex with folic acid was
      1000 mg, which seems more suitable for a llama than a domestic feline.

      I'll call him again today and double-check the dosage.

      He also said that it improves appetite.

      --Melinda