Re: [feline-heart] Oliver/white blood cell count/vomiting

  • brunobaby@accesshub.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 6 4:15 PM
      Jill:

      The vomiting sounds like our 16-year-old Pongo (HCM), right down to the
      yodelling sounds beforehand.

      He's always had a sensitive stomach, and now with a dozen pills a day, it's
      even more so. We give him a Pepcid for the nausea -- yet another pill.

      However, it was Pongo's twin sister Phoebe (hyper-t) who had a high white
      cell count a few months ago, and was dropping weight rapidly. The vet
      suspected IBD. He ran some tests. Diagnosis: bad teeth.

      She had some dental work and was fine, back to normal and getting fat as a
      pig, so I guess it's time to have her Tapezol adjusted again.

      Is Oliver due for any dental work?

      Has anyone's HCM cat had dental work and anasthesia and -- dare I say it --
      lived to tell the tale?

      --Melinda