RE: [feline-heart] Oliver/white blood cell count/vomiting

  • Jonathan Rosenberg
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 6, 2000
      Has Oliver been tested for IBD?

    • brunobaby@accesshub.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 6, 2000
        Jill:

        The vomiting sounds like our 16-year-old Pongo (HCM), right down to the
        yodelling sounds beforehand.

        He's always had a sensitive stomach, and now with a dozen pills a day, it's
        even more so. We give him a Pepcid for the nausea -- yet another pill.

        However, it was Pongo's twin sister Phoebe (hyper-t) who had a high white
        cell count a few months ago, and was dropping weight rapidly. The vet
        suspected IBD. He ran some tests. Diagnosis: bad teeth.

        She had some dental work and was fine, back to normal and getting fat as a
        pig, so I guess it's time to have her Tapezol adjusted again.

        Is Oliver due for any dental work?

        Has anyone's HCM cat had dental work and anasthesia and -- dare I say it --
        lived to tell the tale?

        --Melinda