Re: New member (unfortunately)

  • dlrichter_2
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 3, 2002
      Thanks for the responses. Ashley's fairly small and quite skittish.
      I'm not sure I want to stress her out too much by chasing her down
      and stuffing a gelcap down her throat. The vet thought her scratching
      might have been due to her teeth problems or from a little bit of cat
      acne she had. The vet shaved her neck and chin. Boy did she look
      stupid and I think she was pretty embaressed by it. She also got a
      course of Clavamox and a triple antibiotic+steroid ointment for her
      neck. I wasn't convinced a dental problem could cause so much
      scratching and thought it might be a food allergy. I stuck her on a
      pretty restricted diet. Whatever it was it's gone now and I've
      started adding additional things in one at a time to see if there's a
      reaction.

      The taurine 250mg twice daily I got from reading Donald Strombeck's
      book on home prepared diets. He mentioned cats with cardiomyopathy
      sometimes get between 250mg and 500mg of taurine twice daily. I'll
      have to look into the Cardiac Support Supplements. I've also heard
      good things about Missing Link, but haven't really looked into that
      either.

      Zellene. It looks like you're now on three of the same kitty problem
      lists that I'm on. Any other cat diseases I should be worried
      about? :-)

      Doug