Re: [FH] heart healthy cat snacks.

  • mountainlight101
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 3, 2002
      --- In feline-heart@y..., "vandalin1" <vandalin1@c...> wrote:
      > Has your skinny cat been checked for thyroid problems? When a cat
      has a voracious appetite, but does not gain weight, this is sometimes
      due to hyperthyroidism. Why do you not want to feed canned food?

      > Anne V
      > Warner Robins, GA
      > From: mountainlight101
      > I have
      > thought about chicken or bits of fish, however my skinny cat is
      like
      > a feline garbage desposal. It took me a long time to ween him
      off a
      > little treat of canned food now and then. he would meow and
      cause
      > such a ruckus that I had to stop. I don't want those bad habits
      > start again.

      Hi,

      the skinny cat has been checked for thyroid issues. In reality the
      skinny cat is not all that skinny. fat, skinny and thier sister were
      my first kittens that I raised when I was working with a rescue
      group. I raised them from the time they were about 2-3 weeks old. At
      the time we had so many foster cats that names were hard to remember
      so this kittens were called the fat black fluffy kitten, skinny
      black...When I move to a new town I chose fat and skinny to bring
      with me as they had not been adopted. So skinny is not really that
      skinny. I did give them names, but fat and skinny just stuck. I
      don't like to feed skinny canned food because I have to seperate the
      cats if I do. fat is a slow eater while skinny will gobble his down
      and try to eat his brothers food. I found that there is much more
      peace among brothers when they just eat the dry food. they do get
      salmon from time to time, but I have to seperate them.