Re: [FH] heart healthy cat snacks.

  • Susan
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 2, 2002
      Pounce now has a vitamin treat. I continue to use
      Pounce and Friskies treats to "call" my cats. I am
      seeing the internal medicine vet on Oct. 14 for a
      follow up and will ask him about diet and treats
      specifically.

      --- mountainlight101 <mountainlight101@...>

      http://sbc.yahoo.com
    • mountainlight101
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 3, 2002
        --- In feline-heart@y..., "vandalin1" <vandalin1@c...> wrote:
        > Has your skinny cat been checked for thyroid problems? When a cat
        has a voracious appetite, but does not gain weight, this is sometimes
        due to hyperthyroidism. Why do you not want to feed canned food?

        > Anne V
        > Warner Robins, GA
        > From: mountainlight101
        > I have
        > thought about chicken or bits of fish, however my skinny cat is
        like
        > a feline garbage desposal. It took me a long time to ween him
        off a
        > little treat of canned food now and then. he would meow and
        cause
        > such a ruckus that I had to stop. I don't want those bad habits
        > start again.

        Hi,

        the skinny cat has been checked for thyroid issues. In reality the
        skinny cat is not all that skinny. fat, skinny and thier sister were
        my first kittens that I raised when I was working with a rescue
        group. I raised them from the time they were about 2-3 weeks old. At
        the time we had so many foster cats that names were hard to remember
        so this kittens were called the fat black fluffy kitten, skinny
        black...When I move to a new town I chose fat and skinny to bring
        with me as they had not been adopted. So skinny is not really that
        skinny. I did give them names, but fat and skinny just stuck. I
        don't like to feed skinny canned food because I have to seperate the
        cats if I do. fat is a slow eater while skinny will gobble his down
        and try to eat his brothers food. I found that there is much more
        peace among brothers when they just eat the dry food. they do get
        salmon from time to time, but I have to seperate them.