RE: re; Note about stopping usage of Atenolol

  • catsrus100@juno.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2002
      Susan, Atenolol, for people at least, is a good "first" drug to use for
      blood pressure. Blood pressure/heart meds strive to make the heart pump
      the blood easier throughout the body. Different bp/heart meds act on
      different symptoms also. For instance many use calcium channel blockers
      for angina pain. While on atenolol I was extremely tired. My legs felt
      so weak it was an effort to walk anywhere or do anything. This is one of
      the reported side affects of atenolol. The reason the dr. took me off it
      was cause my heart rate dropped down to 42. If I were an athlete in
      excellent condition that might be okay. Believe me...I'm not an athlete!
      This might also have been why I was so tired. So it's good that your
      cat is moving around. It's obviously not affecting him like it did me.
      I'm glad it's perking him up. Just remember, if necessary to stop, wean
      him off it.

      Dale A.

      GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.