Re: [FH] Hi

  • RAMOS VOLLEY
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2002
      You don't sound like you have a mental problem.
      It is OK to feel sad losing a very best friend. I do
      understand where you coming from. I just lost my
      sweetie about a month ago and still don't know the
      main reason. She had a heart problem for sure, but I
      only took her to the vet for a regular immunization
      and some flea/mite/tick treatment subcutaneously, then
      a few minutes later while leaving the parking lot, she
      died... just like that, so sudden. I'm still perplexed
      by this. I have ideas on what could have been the
      reason for her death, but none specific.
      By the way, do you own a cat now?

      --- Vicky <baby_girl_2000_95350@...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > My name is Vicky. I kinda know a lil about cats.
      > I had one a few
      > years ago. He died for reason's still unknown to me.
      > If your a cat
      > lover like me, you know how hard it is to lose your
      > best friend. I
      > know I might sound like I have a mental problem but
      > I don't...... I'm
      > new at this.. Kinda... Hope you understand where I'm
      > coming from...
      >

      > Vic

      http://sbc.yahoo.com
    • Debbie Raikes-May
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 2, 2004
        Dear Everyone
        It seems like forever since I have been able to catch up with you. Three times my pc has gone down and each time I was assured it was 'fine'!
        Now, perhaps it is!!!

        This is just a short note to say that Sweetcorn recovered well from the surgery to have two toes and three claws off. She has started going outside with Morse, both on their leads and really loves the outdoors. each day they cry to go out more but so far we have got them into a routine of a walk at night and one in the morning.

        She was having trouble walking freely on her back legs and it seems that though the skin has healed, she has a big keloid scar between her back two paws which looks a bit like a nappy(diaper to you) hanging down. This restricts her movements as she puts on weight (she is now four and a half pounds at 7 months!!) so she has to have quite a tricky operation to excise the scar and laser out the remaining keolid so it doesn't regrow and then about 18 stitches and a drain in her leg.
        We have thought very carefully about this, not wanting her to have any more done than we need to as she suffered so much, but she really is finding walking hard and jumping harder and we have to decide before she gets too much bigger.
        What are the views of other of you and is there anything I can feed or use to help her towards the operation?
        She is happy and bright and loves life apart from this,
        I hope you are all well and I par for your kitties - Corkie, Baghira, Shasta and all the other ones I have read about in between hard drive crashes.
        Lots of love
        Debbiex

      • jesse211001
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 10, 2010
          Hi,
          My persian Jesse is 8 yrs and was diagnosed with heart failure just over a year ago and has been on a beta blocker for a year to slow her heart down.
          She's had breathing problems most of her life, but now has these attacks where she's just panting and fighting to catch her breath which is very scary; the attacks stop just as quickly as they start though.
          I was always told when she was younger that her palate was too long, or something like that, but I'm sure that's not the problem now.
          I'm going to get her to the vets to get things reviewed, but I'm just so worried.
          I've found this diagnosis and all that goes with it very stressful and sometimes wonder whether I'm being cruel keeping Jesse alive. Can anyone tell me how long cat's with heart failure generally live or anything about how the condition progresses? I'm so sad for Jesse and so stressed out.
        • Tiffany Newman
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 10, 2010
            Hi there, is Jessie on frusemide/lasix to prevent fluid build up on the lungs? If she is struggling to breathe at times this could be a sign of possibly a small amount of persistent fluid on the lungs.

          • elfinmyst@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 11, 2010
              Hi

              You need to get the heart failure back under control and it might need more
              than a beta blocker or a different drug. If there is fluid on the lungs,
              that needs treating. Once stabilised cats do very well and cope with their
              disease, but you need to ask your vet for a change or addition to medication.

              :) Lyn