Re: New, with a Co Q10 question

  • N. LionStorm
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 30, 2002
      Thanks for your message, Steph. I'm going to start looking to see if
      there's a holistic vet in the SF Bay Area and will check out
      vitaminworld.com right now. Again, my thanks.

      May the sun always shine on you and your fur faces.

      - Nancy Lion-Storm, and:
      -- Confidence-on-a-Rainy-Day
      -- Lucky-To-Be-Alive
      -- Fortune-Silver-Cloud
      -- Samantha-Joy-Queen-of-Heaven
      -- Cassandra-Joy,-Soothsayer-&-Mystic-Seeress
      - Angel cats:
      -- General-Chauncey-Beardsly-Peddleton-the-Third
      -- History-Repeats-Herself
      -- Jasmin-Pretty-Cat
      - Foster Cats/Kittens:
      -- Calliope-Heroic-Muse (Tortie Point)
      -- Echo-Mysterious (Oriental Shorthair)
      -- Persephone-Springtime (Seal Point)
      -- Hestia-Pure-Heart (Seal Point)

      --- In feline-heart@y..., "gussielou49" <sschoff@e...> wrote:
      > About the dosing...we give Gus 10mg CoQ10 1x/day. Our holistic vet
      > said that some vets prescribe a lot more (megadosing), but she felt
      > that for long-term use, 10mg was sufficient, as any more would
      simply
      > be wasted...Gus would just excrete it. I'm sure each vet has
      his/her
      > preferences based on each case. We use 10mg softgels from Vitamin
      > World (vitaminworld.com). I usually support our local HFS, but
      they
      > didn't have the size/type we needed.
      >
      > Good luck w/ Samantha-Joy. She'll be in our thoughts.
      > -Steph, Gus & Louise
      > --- In feline-heart@y..., "N. LionStorm" <JoyOfSiamese@c...> wrote:
      > > Question: Cost Co/Price Club sells: Nature Made® Co Q10 100mg. -
      > > 30 Softgels, for $15.49
      > >
      > > What do you know about this brand's quality? Your
      > experience/advise
      > > is most welcome.
    • bcowell
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2002
        Hi Nancy,
        If you locate a holistic vet in the bay area, can you post details?
        Or email me (bcowell@...)... I would love the info!
        Thanks,
        Brigitte

      • paula_ps2002
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2002
          I give my cat CoQ10 in liquid form, as he hates to bite into an oil
          filled capsule. This usually destroys his appetite. I'm not keen on
          putting pills down his throat, so the liquid is excellent. It's by
          BioCare (a British company) and is called 'Vitasorb CoQ10' It also
          contains vitamin E and something called Limonene.

          What is particularly good is that each drop contains 1mg of CoQ10, so
          you can give whatever dose is appropriate - I give 10mg per day. It
          has worked well on his gums, which were sore in places previously.

          Best wishes to all

          Paula and Oscar (and recently departed Thomas)