Re: [feline-heart] Digest Number 117

  • t_strano
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2000
      thank you for THAT WONDERFUL STORY. i have been thru similar things
      several times.

      are you saying the hyperthyroid caused the cardiomyopathy and that
      possible there was a clot in the lung from the heart malfunction? the
      1st vet must have seen something on the xray...

      i am trying to deal with a clot now, in a fiv boy i have but the 2
      vets he has seen only want to euthanize him. i had a cornell consult
      via phone and he was not so pessimistic. but i am basically getting
      minimal support.

      is your cat on heparin or other blood thinning drugs? or was it?

      Teresa Strano - Please see my UPDATES on my 4 "Twice Abandoned"
      kitties at http://imom.org/pin/strano_kitties.htm
    • Jonathan Rosenberg
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 3, 2000

        There is no doubt that hyperthyroidism can cuase heart problems. The good
        news is that hyperthyroid-induced heart problems are very often reversible
        once the hyperthyroidism is controlled.

        > i am trying to deal with a clot now, in a fiv boy i have but the 2
        > vets he has seen only want to euthanize him. i had a cornell consult
        > via phone and he was not so pessimistic. but i am basically getting
        > minimal support.

        How has your boy been since the clot? Is he improving?

        --
        JR
        & Tabby (RB), Licorice, Tigger, Lynx