Re: [feline-heart] CRF/CLOT: More vet mistakes...

  • Laura Penny
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29, 2000
      Teresa,

      We've been through the clot problems. Our cat, Annie, had the excruciating
      pain and limping, but after each bout she was fine by the time she got to
      the vet. They were never really sure what it was except that her CPK level
      got higher and higher--eventually up to 10,000+, which is way, way off the
      charts. She was put on coumadin and diltiazem. The coumadin, a blood
      thinner, was very, very scary for me because of the risk of bleeding.

      So you might want to get Gum's CPK tested. It does seem to be a useful test.
      I've requested it a few times on Lucky and Kassy when I thought they had a
      problem, since they also have heart issues.

      I hope Gum feels better.

      Laura