won't eat rutin

  • Hilary
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 22, 2000
      I've been trying to feed my cat rutin (as an alternative to lasix),
      but he just won't eat it in his wet food. I've even tried 3 brands,
      but all have cellulose in them which smells strongly. I've also tried
      putting him on a flax seed oil/vitamin E oil/fish oil supplement, but
      he won't eat that either! He's driving me crazy. :) He's also stopped
      eating the healthy brand of cat food I tried switching him to
      (PetGuard) so he's gone back to Fancy Feast for now.

      Has anyone had problems w/ premium brand foods causing constipation?
      My cat's on lasix, so I'm sure there must be some dehydration issues,
      but PetGuard is supposed to produce firmer, smaller stools so I'm
      wondering if that's contributing. He's actually going fine now (just
      had a problem on Sunday) but his stool is firmer (I can tell since
      his
      butt isn't dirty at all anymore -- and he's always had a slightly
      dirty butt, since, unlike other kitties, he won't clean it!).