Re: [FH] Compounding medicine

  • stxchck
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 4, 2002
      thanks for the link, I found one in my area.
      --- In feline-heart@y..., "vandalin1" <vandalin1@c...> wrote:
      > It really depends on what you are having compounded and into what
      form. Why don't you call a few of the compounding pharmacies and ask
      them for a price quote?

      > http://www.iacprx.org/referral_service/index.html
      >
      > This site will help you locate compounding pharmacies in your area.
      >
      > Anne V
      > Warner Robins, GA

    • vandalin1

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 5, 2002
          I used BCPvetpharm.com to compound the Atenolol into soft moist
          treats. I thought the price was reasonable...but it would vary by the
          med you are having made.

        • Diane
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 5, 2002
            LOL! Z, where were you a month ago when I was looking for a compounding
            pharmacy? (which I luckily didn't need)

            I'd like to compile a list of those list members have used for the
            files/bookmarks. This is an important issue IMO.

            So post here or send me an email and I'll work on it next week.

            Thanks!

            Diane

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            --
          • zellenecats
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 10, 2002
              --- In feline-heart@y..., "Diane" <diane@m...> wrote:
              > LOL! Z, where were you a month ago when I was looking for a
              compounding
              > pharmacy? (which I luckily didn't need)
              >
              > I'd like to compile a list of those list members have used for the
              > files/bookmarks. This is an important issue IMO.
              >
              > So post here or send me an email and I'll work on it next week.

              I used BCPvetpharm at www.bcpvetpharm.com I called them and they
              sent me a whole bunch of unmedicated sample treats so we could choose
              the ones Widgie liked best. Then the vet called in the scrip. Within
              a week, I received the soft moist treats. Widgie loved them...for
              about a month. Then she acted like they were the most vile thing
              ever! Cats!

              They also make some meds into transdermal gels you rub on the ear,
              and liquid meds. I found their price to be reasonable considering the
              benefits. I might try this again. I think the Atenolol is quite
              bitter and maybe a different flavor would help. (We tried the shrimp
              flavor.) I also liked the fact that there was a precise dose in each
              treat. I give 1/4 of a pill, and sometimes the size varies somewhat
              depending on how they break.

            • vandalin1
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 10, 2002
                Munchie ate the sample BCP chews when they just had methimazole in them. Then I tried adding the Atenolol and she would not touch them. So, I purchased more with just the methimazole and she won't touch those either! I have to roll them in little balls and pill her with them!

                Anne V
                Warner Robins, GA