Re: [FH] CoQ10

  • reallyrosiebooks@aol.com
    Message 1 of 94 , Aug 1, 2002
      One of my vets he has used it but no proof of whether its effective or not (since they don't test or regulate) the other is doing some research to make sure it doesn't go against any of the traditional drugs and will get back to me tomorrow about dose and if they can get it. Curious to hear this lists feedback. Heather "Rose"
    • Barbara Piderit
      Message 94 of 94 , Jan 14
        Hi, Cindy,

        My Idgie has been taking Aktivait Cat, which contains CoQ10, as a "brain" vitamin for almost 5 years, for cognitive dysfunction.  She is 21-1/2yo.

        She has also been taking amlodipine SID and atenolol BID, under the guidance of the HoD, Cardiology, at the veterinary school in Berne (Switzerland) for 18 months.  The cardiologist knew/knows Idgie was getting/gets CoQ10 and never suggested that I separate the supplement from the heart meds, which I give Idgie to control high blood pressure due to her ISIS Stage 2 CKD and tachycardia, probably due to old age.  (She also needs help maintaining a normal body temperature, probably due to her age, so she always has access to gentle heat.  I have never seen evidence of any side effects from giving these meds at the same time.

        Head butts,

        Barbara & Idgie