Re: [FH] CoQ10

  • adawson1971@aol.com
    Message 1 of 94 , Aug 1, 2002
      I've been using CoQ10 for almost 2 months now. I give Moth 30mg softgels once a day. (He's a large cat.)

      After being on it a few weeks, his energy did appear to pick up noticably. Tho, it's hard to tell, he's was also getting over a URI at the time. But he doesn't seem any "worse".

      Annette

      In a message dated Thu, 1 Aug 2002 4:16:29 PM Eastern Standard Time, "paula_ps2002" <kevpaula@...> writes:

      >Does anyone have any experience of using Co-enzymeQ10.  I've been
      >looking at various websites, and one concerned largely with
      >alternative treatments for heart problems mentions CoQ10 as being one
      >of the main treatments.  They also say it can be used with alopathic
      >meds.
      >
      >Best wishes
      >
      >Paula and Thomas

    • Barbara Piderit
      Message 94 of 94 , Jan 14
        Hi, Cindy,

        My Idgie has been taking Aktivait Cat, which contains CoQ10, as a "brain" vitamin for almost 5 years, for cognitive dysfunction.  She is 21-1/2yo.

        She has also been taking amlodipine SID and atenolol BID, under the guidance of the HoD, Cardiology, at the veterinary school in Berne (Switzerland) for 18 months.  The cardiologist knew/knows Idgie was getting/gets CoQ10 and never suggested that I separate the supplement from the heart meds, which I give Idgie to control high blood pressure due to her ISIS Stage 2 CKD and tachycardia, probably due to old age.  (She also needs help maintaining a normal body temperature, probably due to her age, so she always has access to gentle heat.  I have never seen evidence of any side effects from giving these meds at the same time.

        Head butts,

        Barbara & Idgie