RE: [FH] New to group

  • Jonathan Rosenberg
    Message 1 of 47 , Aug 1 1:27 PM
      I'm no expert on heart murmurs, but my understanding is that they can vary
      from being "innocent" (& having no affect on longevity) to serious. In
      addition, some murmurs go away as suddenly as they appear.

      In any case, with appropriate treatment, most cats can live a long
      productive life, even with a murmur.

      If you have any uncertainty at all after you hear from your vet, I would
      take the kitty to a vet cardiologist.

    • chouette
      Message 47 of 47 , Jun 4
        Kara, this is going to be a LONG, LONG night for you, I know, especially as you don't know what's going on, and they don't seem to know. I never had to endure a separation at a such a time.
        Do you have to go to work tomorrow? Hope you can stay home.. with a recovering Bella..  She knows you would not abandon her at the vet's... but it must be a scary night for her!

        As for the thyroid med, the increase is small, but without knowing the strength of the methimazole (how many mg per ml), it is just very relative.  But it is a reasonable amount.
        It would really give me pause as all this happened at the same time.
        But also.. she has been under much stress..
        Sending you and Bella my very, very best
        Anne-Marie