New to group

  • joanna_e_boone
    Message 1 of 47 , Aug 1, 2002
      I just took one of my kitties in for his regular annual exam, and the
      vet heard a new heart murmur. My baby Shadow is only 4 yrs old and I
      am very freaked out about it. The vet did an EKG and X-ray on the day
      he heard the new murmur, and we had an echocardiogram done yesterday
      that I am waiting to hear about. The EKG and X-ray didn't show any
      immediate issues, but still, my vet doesn't have the greatest bedside
      manner as I learn and now I don't know how terrified to be. How bad
      is a heart murmur?
    • chouette
      Message 47 of 47 , Jun 4
        Kara, this is going to be a LONG, LONG night for you, I know, especially as you don't know what's going on, and they don't seem to know. I never had to endure a separation at a such a time.
        Do you have to go to work tomorrow? Hope you can stay home.. with a recovering Bella..  She knows you would not abandon her at the vet's... but it must be a scary night for her!

        As for the thyroid med, the increase is small, but without knowing the strength of the methimazole (how many mg per ml), it is just very relative.  But it is a reasonable amount.
        It would really give me pause as all this happened at the same time.
        But also.. she has been under much stress..
        Sending you and Bella my very, very best
        Anne-Marie