RE: [feline-heart] Boo Boo was admitted to the animal medical hospital at 1AM She is still there,

  • Jonathan Rosenberg
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2000

      So what did they say about Boo Boo? How is she doing now?

      > I was wondering if anyone else gest bills like that????

      Oh, yes. Good medical care is expensive ... but worth every penny.

      > How can I keep the cost down, this is becoming too much for me
      > to handle. i am a full time college student and I have a part
      > time job only and I am getting deeper and deeper
      > into debt. How often is this going to happen????
      > . . .

      > They said she might have to stay overnight again, I don't know
      > what to do???? Is it necessary to leave her at the hospital
      > again?

      If they recommend leaving her there, I would do it without hesitation.
      Heart disease is not something to trifle with.

      > I love her so much and will do everything I can for her but
      > the bills are just soooooooooooo high!!! How can I cut down on
      > the bills without hurting her???

      I don't know that can lower the expenses, but here's a few ideas:

      1) Explain your financial situation to the vets. Maybe they can give you a
      discount, or work out a payment over time plan.
      2) Check out pet insurance

      http://www.premierpetinsurance.com/orderprocess/quote.asp
      http://www.petinsurance.com/

      I don't know if it will help in this case (since Boo Boo has a pre-existing
      condition), but give it a try.
      3) There are some charities that help people having trouble paying medical
      bills for their pets. Check out

      http://www.imom.org/
      http://animalcareusa.org/intro2.html#covered

      > They took xrays last week of her lungs but I think they want to
      > take more xrays and more blood works, but she also had blood
      > works done 7/17/00 I am not sure if there is a need for more
      > blood works, can blood change in so little time???

      I would trusth them & get the blood tests.

      --
      JR
      & Tabby (RB), Licorice, Tigger, Lynx
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2000
        Some vets will work with their patients owners to work out a payment plan
        especially if they know you are short on funds. As you vet if things can be
        worked out. I know on my disability check I wouldn't afford those for Midas
        either. Bev