RE: [feline-heart] Help, Emergency, my Boo Boo's breathing or heart beat?!!!

  • Jonathan Rosenberg
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2000
      Irina,

      I know you are very nervous & scared, but you have been doing a very good
      job of caring for Boo Boo & you need to trust your instincts.

      Please remember that I am not a vet, so I'm just using my best judgement
      here ...

      It does sound like she was having some trouble breathing. It COULD be that
      she was tapered off of the lasix too soon. It MIGHT also be that the extra
      lasix you gave her has given her some relief (which is why she is now
      sleeping).

      BUT, I would call the emergency vet right now & tell them everything. What
      you are seeing might be "normal", since she just started the lasix & is
      tapering off, but I wouldn't want to take a chance. I think they are the
      best ones to advise you. Listen to them & do what they suggest.

      Please keep us informed. Boo Boo will continue to be in my prayers &
      thoughts.