potassium supplements

  • mukki2@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 29, 2000
      Has anyone put their lasix-medicated cat on potassium supplements? A
      vet on expert central recommended it. In fact, he said that lasix
      isn't that hard on the kidneys (!!), but that it depletes the cat of
      electrolytes. Too much potassium can also be toxic, though, can't it?
      The vet also recommended vitamin E and pycnogenols.

      Our cat is going into the vet next week and I'll ask him about this,
      but if your cat is on potassium, please let me know how it's worked
      for you and how much s/he is on. Thanks!
    • Hilary
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 4, 2000
        I think my cat is suffering from a lack of potassium (from lasix) and
        was wondering whether anyone gives their cat potassium supplements.
        What is a good source and what is a good dose for a cat? Thanks.