Re: [FH] selenium for HCM

  • Anyes Moscrip
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 6, 2002
      Lise M MacGregor wrote:

      > ....He claims that selenium
      > deficiency in animals ( and humans) causes a host of diseases including
      > Cardiomyopathy. In every case, selenium supplementation in the animals
      > prevented or reversed existing disease,....years of experience, studies
      > and facts back this according to him...has anyone had their vet mention
      > anything like this for treating HCM?

      That is interesting. Yes, my vet put my hcm/crf kitty on selenium, vit E and
      B supplements. I did not know about selenium at the time but have since read
      about its properties. There are many sites online where you can find more
      info on this.

      Anyes and the girls
    • Bill & Linda Fischbach
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 6, 2002
        I know that selenium is a powerful antioxident. It used to be abundant in
        the soil, but not anymore. For humans it is good to take along with
        Vitamin E.

        Linda