Re: [FH] Harriet

  • Bill & Linda Fischbach
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2002
      If your vet doesn't want to supplements potassium yet, you could always add
      food (peas, babyfood lamb, babyfood banana) which would have some additional
      potassium.

      Use the USDA Nutrient Data site
      http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/cgi-bin/nut_search.pl to find a "people" food
      high in potassium; a jar of babyfood lamb has 205mg of potassium.

      Linda
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 7, 2002
        Lise-
        We sound like twins! The news from the vet was good. I have been
        struggeling with obsessing but have to say I think I might be getting better
        just a bit. By this I mean I am not freaking at first sight of what I think
        is heavier breathing. I am trying to figure out what are my tell tale signs
        which is hard because other than the heavy breathing Tyson was always eating,
        drinking etc.... But I have to say since his starting on meds he seems more
        active, playful, cuddely and isolates less. The breathing is doing well for
        the moment and when I think I see it heavier I give it a couple hours and
        double check and it than seems fine. I think a good rule of thumb (in my
        learning process) is the cat is breathing heavier we will know for sure and
        not because he is purring or anything. But we will learn together and
        hopefully help each other cope together. This group has been amazing to me. A
        real savior. Before I met this group I thought Tyson's days were numbered
        now I am hopeful again (with a splash of "realistic") that cats can live with
        CHF. Keep us posted!

        Heather "Rose"