Harriet

  • Lise M MacGregor
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2002
      After nearly a month now and with some med adjusting ( after a scary
      build up of lung/heart fluids) Harriet had a positive report at the vet
      today !! Her lungs are MUCH better as well as her heart rate. Only a
      week ago things were not looking so well....Harriet is even acting pretty
      much her old self, good appetite, etc. She pees quite a lot from the
      lasix and I asked about adding potassium. My vet said it is not
      something we need to address just yet...her levels were fine before we
      started this, but I wonder why it isn't an issue right now with the
      amount she is urinating? She HAS to be losing a lot of important
      minerals....testing her is a stressful thing so maybe she wants to avoid
      that at the moment???? Should I push this?
      Lise
    • Lise M MacGregor
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 4, 2002
        We had very encouraging news at the vet this week....Harriet's lungs
        sounded MUCH better and her heart rate is better. The last x-ray a week
        before showed much fliud around the heart and lungs and it didn't look
        good...so this was encouraging news! She does seem to breathe hard
        sometimes, even at rest but a lot of those times she is purring so it can
        be hard to tell.....and I have become a little obsessed with monitoring
        her......but her activity level has certainly increased, she has been
        chasing bugs ( worry, worry), and running under the morning newspaper and
        jumping out ( worry, worry).....so I guess that is a GOOD sign or she
        wouldn't be doing those things, right? Anyway, the meds are staying the
        same for now since they seem to be working and I will investigate the
        homeopathic vet I have contacted. Her appetite is good. At least the
        viatamins and healthy food are contributing to this path in the right
        direction! I think my kitties eat healthier than I do !! If I could just
        ease up on the compulsion to watch her every move and breath.....it makes
        me crazy sometimes.
        Lise
      • Mike & Linda Irrgang
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 5, 2002
          you are right about her activity level...if they act "good" then it's a
          pretty good sign that things really are good....

          great news for harriet...thx for sharing and keep us posted....

          purrs to all,

          linda and the boys