RE: [FH] piller

  • Karen LeBlanc
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2002
      Your vet should have them in the office. I wasn't even charged for mine.
      Good Luck!
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1, 2002
        Or you can order online from http://www.drsfostersmith.com/
        <http://www.drsfostersmith.com/> (Animal Pill Dispenser, $2.89).

        ONTH, since my Maggie's meds are some pills, some liquids (and have no
        interaction issues), I crush the pill svery fine in a shot glass w/ a heavy
        pestle, add the liquid, and suck it into a single syringe. You should
        definitely check w/ your Vet whether this would work with the combo of meds
        though! I follow with a syringe of water (or baby food mix) to get rid of
        the yucky taste.

        Pam and Miss Maggie May

        <lynnie_henderson@...> writes:
        Have you tried a piller? It took a couple of tries to figure out how to
        use
        it, but now I get the pill down to Freckles throat before she has a
        chance
        to do more than start to lift her paw. I do it right before I feed her so
        she promptly forgets that I've just been quite rude to her! She scratched
        me
        to bits before I learned to use the piller.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=213858.2174088.3620944.1829184/D=egroupweb/S=17072968
        57:HM/A=763352/R=0/*http://www.classmates.com/index.tf?s=5085>

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      • Lynnie Henderson
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 1, 2002
          One more thought about the piller. When you said you'd tried one, I remember
          that I actually had tried one before, too. But the emergency vet gave me a
          slightly different kind that seems to have a little more "thrust" than the
          first one. It has a soft rubber tip that holds the pill, so I don't have to
          worry about hurting her if I stick it way down. You might just ask your vet
          what kind s/he has and give it another try. As long as I just do it in one
          quick motion, it's great,
          LH
        • Karen LeBlanc
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 1, 2002
            I just got a new one from the vet with a soft rubber end. I may try it
            again and see what happens.
            Thanks for the info.

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 1, 2002
              I believe you can find a piller with rubber tip at:

              http://lambriarvet.com

              Anne V
              Warner Robins, GA