Re: [FH] piller

  • Lise M MacGregor
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2002
      What is this wonderful sounding contraption and WHERE do I get one? So
      far I can sneak pills into a tiny blob of food before meal time but I
      don't know how long my luck will hold out on this method....once I am
      figured out, I'll be in trouble!
      Lise

      On Mon, 01 Jul 2002 14:34:40 -0500 Lynnie Henderson
      <lynnie_henderson@...> writes:
      Have you tried a piller? It took a couple of tries to figure out how to
      use
      it, but now I get the pill down to Freckles throat before she has a
      chance
      to do more than start to lift her paw. I do it right before I feed her so
      she promptly forgets that I've just been quite rude to her! She scratched
      me
      to bits before I learned to use the piller.

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

    • Karen LeBlanc
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1, 2002
        Your vet should have them in the office. I wasn't even charged for mine.
        Good Luck!

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 1, 2002
          Or you can order online from http://www.drsfostersmith.com/
          <http://www.drsfostersmith.com/> (Animal Pill Dispenser, $2.89).

          ONTH, since my Maggie's meds are some pills, some liquids (and have no
          interaction issues), I crush the pill svery fine in a shot glass w/ a heavy
          pestle, add the liquid, and suck it into a single syringe. You should
          definitely check w/ your Vet whether this would work with the combo of meds
          though! I follow with a syringe of water (or baby food mix) to get rid of
          the yucky taste.

          Pam and Miss Maggie May

          <lynnie_henderson@...> writes:
          Have you tried a piller? It took a couple of tries to figure out how to
          use
          it, but now I get the pill down to Freckles throat before she has a
          chance
          to do more than start to lift her paw. I do it right before I feed her so
          she promptly forgets that I've just been quite rude to her! She scratched
          me
          to bits before I learned to use the piller.

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=213858.2174088.3620944.1829184/D=egroupweb/S=17072968
          57:HM/A=763352/R=0/*http://www.classmates.com/index.tf?s=5085>

          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        • Lynnie Henderson
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 1, 2002
            One more thought about the piller. When you said you'd tried one, I remember
            that I actually had tried one before, too. But the emergency vet gave me a
            slightly different kind that seems to have a little more "thrust" than the
            first one. It has a soft rubber tip that holds the pill, so I don't have to
            worry about hurting her if I stick it way down. You might just ask your vet
            what kind s/he has and give it another try. As long as I just do it in one
            quick motion, it's great,
            LH
          • Karen LeBlanc
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 1, 2002
              I just got a new one from the vet with a soft rubber end. I may try it
              again and see what happens.
              Thanks for the info.

              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 1, 2002
                I believe you can find a piller with rubber tip at:

                http://lambriarvet.com

                Anne V
                Warner Robins, GA