Re: [FH] Need Help/Cat Has Cardiomyopathy

  • zzone_7
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2002
      Anne,

      Your instincts were right. It's not Jessie's heart. She does indeed
      have the heart problem but that's not what's causing her grief. I
      had her in for a check up and it seems it's gastrointestinal. It's
      been diagnosed as her being clogged up with hair balls big time.
      She's been put on a regimine of Laxitone, Nutrical, and some pills
      the name of which escapes me at the moment.

      I was so scared she was dying. That day will come, but not before it
      really has to. I'll see to that. Thanks for your concern.

      Tom S.

      --- In feline-heart@y..., "vandalin1" <vandalin1@c...> wrote:
      > Tom,
      >
      > This may not be a heart related problem. I would recommend blood
      work to see if Jessie has any thyroid or kidney problems. Or it could
      be that she has a bad tooth. A complete checkup is in order.

      > Anne V
      > Warner Robins, GA

    • vandalin1
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2002
        Tom,

        I hope that Jessie is able to move those hairballs soon. She will feel much better then. You probably need to periodically give her something that will help prevent this problem. Brushing or combing her often will help, too.

        Anne V
        Warner Robins, GA