Re: [FH] Kitty has heart murmur, please help!

  • Lynnie Henderson
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2002
      Heart murmurs can mean anything from being nervous at the vet's to heart
      disease. I agree with Jonathan that you should pursue getting a cardiologist
      to take a look. But the answer to your question is yes, cats can live
      healthy lives with heart murmurs. Once you find out what is causing it,
      you'll know whether you need to change Heather's diet or put her on meds.

      Don't beat yourself up over the cleaning fluids. We all do the best we can.
      Lots of people have used much more toxic things without apparent effects to
      their animals. Others use 100% natural cleaners and their cats get sick.
      Just do what your heart tells you now and let go of what already has
      happened. Focus on loving your furbaby!
      Lynnie
    • Bill & Linda Fischbach
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2002
        And then others (like me) just don't clean much at all. I guess not
        cleaning is a lot healthier for the cats -- what a great excuse (not that I
        needed one).

        Lynnie is right about not feeling guilty. A friend recently threw out all
        the little catnip mice for fear her cat might eat them -- and the cat ate a
        5-inch catnip mouse and part of her blanket. So you just can't completely
        catproof a house. BTW, my friend's kitty is OK after emergency surgery.

        Linda