Re: [FH] the roller coaster

  • Pam Vojtas
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 2002
      They don't call it a roller coaster for nothing! This last 10 days have
      been great for Maggie (only a vomit or two, nothing unusual for the
      Maggie of old), and she seemed almost normal (for her elderly self). Two
      days ago, when I let het out to "roast" in the driveway, she found her
      way *across the street* to check out the new bird feeder. She ran up the
      driveway and I worried about her heart! I even took her to work
      yesterday (at Melody's suggestion) and we had a grand and great
      adventure. But today, she hardly moved, threw up the day's worth of
      food, and is now very reclusive. I can only hope not a trend...

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2002
        You sound like all the rest of us....and you are a wonderful catmom!!!

        Linda nda the boys

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 1, 2002
          After a couple of months of being completely paranoid that something would
          happen to Freckles while I wasn't there, I decided that I would much rather
          have her doing whatever she wants to do when she goes. She was diagnosed in
          January and currently is happy and playful. She's gotten more vocal (I think
          in part because her "brother" died in January and he did most of the
          talking.) and makes it very clear to mom if she wants catnip or a treat or
          is not happy with the flavor of food that day. She runs around the house and
          plays with her little fur mice and often brings one to me with that maternal
          yowl that lets me know it's a gift and she wants to be praised.

          In other words, I do my best to just enjoy her and know that when the time
          comes for her to leave, she will have spent her life well.
          Lynnie