cecil's hcm

  • lisempm2002
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2002
      Amy,
      Harriet has been having good and bad days as well....the good days
      naturally get my hopes high, only to shoot them down on an off day.
      But that is just the course of HCM I guess...many things can come
      into play...the amount of rest she has had, the heat ( it is summer
      afterall...)too much going on around the house might stress her, she
      might pick up on our fears that cause her to retreat, reactions to
      the meds might make her feel bad sometimes...but even we humans have
      good and bad days, I know I do.The times Harriet is quiet and aloof,
      I just let her be. She knows what she needs. I don't particularly
      notice whether it happens more in the day or at night...but tonight
      for instance Harriet was very active...a large moth got into the
      house and she went crazy trying to catch it. It made me quite
      nervous as I was told she must not stress her heart getting too
      active or worked up...but have you ever tried to to catch a
      determined kitty flying through the air??? She caught it by the way
      and I praised her profusely. But I hope this will not be a regular
      occurance. Just be sure to watch Cecil closely in case she seems
      unusually aloof...could be sign of something really out of whack that
      needs attention !! Otherwise let her tell you what she wants...and
      hope her days will be more active than not.
      Lise