question about LDH and CPK

  • bacheak
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 23, 2002
      Do you think these values mean anything regarding heart problems? I
      ask because I've noticed my Casey (remission for cancer) has been
      acting strangely lately. His bloodwork only showed these elevated. I
      also noticed that my cat who just died Arthur's bloodwork showed these
      2 elevated 3 days before death and then doubled on the day of his
      death. Casey's values are higher than Arthur's (much higher). The
      vet says they can be heart related. Casey goes to the oncologist
      tomorrow for a cancer recheck. He had chemo for 2 years 7 months and
      almost died from cancer (small cell intestinal lymphoma) after losing
      half his body weight (20 lbs to 10 lbs) in a few months. It took many
      more months to come close to getting his cancer into remission. He's
      been off chemo for almost a year. I can't help thinking that all that
      chemo may have hurt his other organs. Arthur developed crf 1 month
      after stopping chemo for cancer. Arthur got chemo for 2 years but had
      a much easier to control cancer. Anyway, do you think cpk and ldh
      mean anything? I'm probably going to have him checked by a
      cardiologist no matter what. I can't deal with any more guilt after
      Arthur died so suddenly of what seemed to be heart failure. Of
      course, his kidneys were failing too and could have just shut down but
      I don't need more guilt.