Re: bella worse. pulminory edema

  • Melody Woods
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2002
      Bella is with new emergency vets
      She was grasping for air last night and it was just getting worse
      The new vet discovered pulmonary edema which is
      >increasing ...
      This vet is going to give her a mild amount of laxis to see if this will
      stop the edema

      but he doesn't want to give intravenous fluids as he does
      > this
      > nor does he want to add potassium.
      > He say she will drown in her own fluids
      > and i believe him after what i started to see last night
      > but i also know that without her kidneys she will be gone .
      >
      > I need a Bella mentor. wide awake or sleepy
      > If anyone is awake this early, and understands the right way to give a
      > diuretic to minimize kidney damage .and still do its job
      > please let me know
      >
      > PS this place had no potassium sparing diuretic either

    • sallymerlin
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2002
        Melody,

        You and Bella are in my prayers...

        Try to trust the vets...

        About the edema...my vet says that Lasix can work miracles and
        right now Bella needs to be able to breathe...kidneys will have to
        take a back seat at the moment...but once her breathing is stable, you
        can attend to them (it) with what seems appropriate.

        Hang in there...she's a fighter, so are you...don't beat yourself
        up about the oxygen...it may not have done much good if she has P.
        edema...for that she's right where she needs to be, at the vets.

        Blessings of Peace and Light on both of you....

        Sally