CoQ10

  • Pam Norman
    Message 1 of 94 , Apr 6, 2000
      Hi Anyes,

      > CoQ only works for some types of heart problems from what I read on the CRF
      > list, and I am not sure which ones.

      If you remember which ones, please let me know. This is something I've
      been considering for Ambrose but he has mitral valve disease & I'm not at all
      sure if it's suitable in his case.

      Pam

      When a cat shuts its eyes, you disappear.
      - Leonard Michaels
    • Barbara Piderit
      Message 94 of 94 , Jan 14
        Hi, Cindy,

        My Idgie has been taking Aktivait Cat, which contains CoQ10, as a "brain" vitamin for almost 5 years, for cognitive dysfunction.  She is 21-1/2yo.

        She has also been taking amlodipine SID and atenolol BID, under the guidance of the HoD, Cardiology, at the veterinary school in Berne (Switzerland) for 18 months.  The cardiologist knew/knows Idgie was getting/gets CoQ10 and never suggested that I separate the supplement from the heart meds, which I give Idgie to control high blood pressure due to her ISIS Stage 2 CKD and tachycardia, probably due to old age.  (She also needs help maintaining a normal body temperature, probably due to her age, so she always has access to gentle heat.  I have never seen evidence of any side effects from giving these meds at the same time.

        Head butts,

        Barbara & Idgie