Links for Heart Disease

  • Sandler, Zellene E.
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 4, 2002
      This site has a large number of links to research feline heart
      disease...plus other diseases.

      http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Pointe/9352/alphalinks3.html

    • Christine Paulsen
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 6, 2002
        Thanks for the link, but I have questions that maybe some of you have answers to:
        Someone metioned checking the litterbox buddies for heart problems (unless I misinterrpreted it). My two cats are not related but one is healthy and one has heart problems. Should I be concerned?
        My healthy cat continously races anyone in the household to the bath tub faucet for fresh water. Is she just being a nut or could their be an underlying medical problem? ie. diabetes?
        I had another question but I forgot it. If I think of it I will add it on later.
        Thank Goodness for people like all of you who love and care for cats. So many go without- its wonderful to know so many people care.
        Chris-Spoo and Blossom's Mom
        "Sandler, Zellene E." <zellene.sandler@...> wrote: This site has a large number of links to research feline heart
        disease...plus other diseases.

        http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Pointe/9352/alphalinks3.html

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • Christine Paulsen
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 6, 2002
          Someone metioned Pet Insurance. Vet Ins.? How Much? From where? I would love some information if I read you correctly.
          I'm having an aweful time e-mailing. Unless I go to someone elses message and "reply", I can't get my messages to send. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
          Thanks, Chris
          Christine Paulsen <Chris_catqueen@...> wrote:
[...]

        • Debbie Graham
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 6, 2002
            I have pet insurance and they have a web site www.petinsurance.com They are out of CA and from what I read they are about the biggest pet insurance companies around. I pay almost $400 a year for 2 cats but that is with the extra option to cover spays, neuter, dental, heartworm pills, and annual shots, plus some other stuff.
            Debbie
[...]

          • Mike & Linda Irrgang
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 7, 2002
              will they cover pre-exisiting conditions????

              linda

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 7, 2002
                No they won't pay for pre-existing, but, I'm not sure you can check, if you get the insurance I think there might be a waiting period then you can send them in. I'm not too sure on that one, they might have a email question thing on their website.
                Debbie
                Mike & Linda Irrgang <irrgang@...> wrote: will they cover pre-exisiting conditions????

                linda

                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 8, 2002
                  Constantly drinking from the faucet could mean be from:
                  1. Nothing. She just likes fresh running, water alot.
                  2. If she is "racing" the other cat to the faucet, maybe it is a game
                  for her.
                  3. Eating a lot of food with low water content (dry food).
                  4. Diabetes.
                  5. Hyperthyroidism
                  6. Kidney disease
                  7. Side effect of on any medication she is on.
                  8. Dehydration from vomiting.
                  9. Probably a bunch of other reasons I can't think of.

                  This needs to be checked out by a vet ASAP. This way, if there is a
                  problem, you can start treating it before she actually starts acting
                  like she is sick.

                  Marcia

                  --- In feline-heart@y..., Christine Paulsen <Chris_catqueen@y...>
                  wrote:

                  > Thanks for the link, but I have questions that maybe some of you
                  have answers to:
                  > Someone metioned checking the litterbox buddies for heart problems
                  (unless I misinterrpreted it). My two cats are not related but one is
                  healthy and one has heart problems. Should I be concerned?
                  > My healthy cat continously races anyone in the household to the
                  bath tub faucet for fresh water. Is she just being a nut or could
                  their be an underlying medical problem? ie. diabetes?
                  > I had another question but I forgot it. If I think of it I will
                  add it on later.
                  > Thank Goodness for people like all of you who love and care for
                  cats. So many go without- its wonderful to know so many people
                  care.
                  > Chris-Spoo and Blossom's Mom
                  > "Sandler, Zellene E." <zellene.sandler@p...> wrote: This site
                  has a large number of links to research feline heart
                  > disease...plus other diseases.
                  >
                  > http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Pointe/9352/alphalinks3.html

                  > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                  Service.