Need Advice Quickly

  • zellenesa
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4, 2002
      I agree that I think it's premature to consider PTS before even
      having a diagnosis. Last week, for example, Widgie had a crisis where
      she had fluid buildup, labored breathing, looked horrible, etc...and
      after some Lasix (a diuretic) she's fine. If indeed this cat has
      heart disease, it may be possible to control it for many years. If
      this kitty has an enlarged heart, meds can be given to help take the
      load off the heart. There is also a big difference in the degree of
      enlargement. The kitty definitely needs an ultrasound
      (echocardiogram) to determine what is wrong.

    • szegatti
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 4, 2002
        Thanks to everyone who responded today regarding my coworker's Ragdoll
        kitty. I found a link off Tanya's site that indicated Ragdoll's as
        being predisposed to HCM as well. I urged her to get an ultrasound
        for her kitty to find out exactly what they are looking at. I will
        keep everyone posted and thanks again for your replies, they are truly
        appreciated.
        Purrs,
        Stacy, Spanky and Keesa