Values for Diabetic Cats

  • Sandler, Zellene E.
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2002
      Marcia, don't know if you've seen this chart, but it shows the carbs as
      well. Maybe you can combine the info from both charts! I think there's a
      dryfood part to it also.

      http://www.sugarcats.net/sites/jmpeerson/canfood.html

      I agree about feeding cats as obligate carnivores. The www.felinefuture.com
      site discusses this in depth. I don't agree with all they say, but I do make
      a modified version of their recipe for my FIV cat, though I cook it. Widgie
      won't eat it, unfortunately. I give my cats supplemental meals of beef
      heart, (high in taurine), roast beef, and occasionally chicken or beef
      liver...We're talking small amounts. I find consistently that when I feed
      Widgie more of these small supplemental meals of protein, she has more
      energy. I especially like feeding beef heart, very lightly sauteed so
      there's still blood. I am also a member of the holisticat group where we
      discuss this quite a bit!

    • marcijoy2002
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3, 2002
        Yes, I am very familiar with that chart; there is a dry food chart
        also. I use the chart whenever I go shopping for cat food; the people
        in the store think I am crazy.

        Marcia and Morris (and Tigger the diabetic, too)

        --- In feline-heart@y..., "Sandler, Zellene E."